Friday, October 8, 2010

**Newest News**

Ok, so the most recent news I have is pretty big... At least for me... So I will be graduating in May 2011 with my bachelor's degree in Biology (no this is not the big news)... But the schooling has been rough, but I think it's finally paying off......

I have studied like crazy.... And September 3rd I took one of the biggest tests (so far) of my life... The MCAT, my goodness that test is MISERABLE and I believe it truly is designed to make you feel stupid... At least that's what it does to me... No matter how many practice tests you take or how you 'feel' you did you really can never tell... It's a 6 hour test with a couple 10 minute breaks, but it's rough...

So on September 3rd I went to take the test... (Back up just a little bit)... I was feeling really sick and I mean REALLY sick for probably a week... On Wednesday Kenny said you either go to the doctor or I'm taking off work and making you go... Needless to say I went... I get there and bad news... I had a severe kidney infection and UTI (I've had kidney infections before and was hospitalized for it because of how bad it got) Well my white blood cell count was through the roof... The doctor was not sure how I was even standing in front of her... I told her I had alot of pain in my back, it hurt to breathe and such, but I was still going to all of my classes, etc... She then told me that I NEED to go to the hospital, and be admitted... My reply to her.... "Sorry I can't, I don't have time... I have my MCAT on Friday" So, being as stubborn headed as I am, she was not convincing me otherwise... She gave me 1500 mg of antibiotics twice a day for a week (the very maximum dose) and I left...

So now onto the test... I went to take the test at 1... My sister dropped me off and we sang some in the car, and laughed some and prayed some, etc... I signed in and decided to take a walk (as I was pretty early)... I get back, they fingerprinted me (crazy huh?!) and I took my temperature... My temp was 103.7 as I was walking in to take this test that could determine my life (in my mind)... great... Well I sat down and started away with the test... There was no way they would refund the money or let me reschedule that's how intense this test is... And let me tell you I'm not wasting $230.00...

Kenny picked me up and asked how it went... I said no idea, probably bad... Probably not a very good idea to take that test that sick... But I told him it was completely outta my hands and God would let me know where he wants me...

One whole month later (that's how long the results take to come in)... I logged on, after taking my anatomy practical, somewhat expecting to see a failing score... To my surprise I PASSED! I was in disbelief... So I logged off and logged back in to make sure I was for sure... And yup sure enough I passed... Of course I had to call my mom and dad, this was my dream... The door was finally open right in front of me...

You have to understand what a big deal this is to me... I have wanted to be a doctor since I was 7... Not a single day since then have I wanted to be anything else... And this test determined a lot of that dream coming true...

MCAT Results: 28

So... I guess what I'm saying is if all goes well I should be starting MedSchool here at UNM this coming July... Can you believe it... Really... I'm gonna be a doctor!!!! YES!!!!

Thank you everyone for supporting me throughout this trying time... I know people (at least Kenny) have had to put up with my meltdown moments and freak-outs... And I'm sure those are only gonna get worse and medschool will be INSANE... But here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are truely AMAZING! I'm so so happy for you and I'm glad that your dreams are coming true! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm late commenting, but I just wanted to say, that is so awesome! You will be a great doctor!

    ReplyDelete